this is the Student version of the Harlem Shake @ ridge church this week.
every time i watch it i notice something new that makes me crack up. you almost have to watch it over & over and track with a different individual kid each time :)
Here's the big Question... have YOU been in your own Harlem Shake video yet?
i bet you can't pick me out in the video above. yeah, i snuck in there real sneaky like.
**the coolest part for me is this: when we started Student Impact the whole goal was to create a place where students belong. a place where they could be themselves and be accepted no matter what. EVEN IF they didn't feel accepted and "at home" anywhere else in the world - this would be a place they belong.
& in a funny way, the Harlem Shake embodies all of that.
think about it - a bunch of teenagers letting loose and acting a fool - literally doing whatever comes to mind without worrying about how they look or what others think of them...
and being accepted
and being able to belong.
you never knew the Harlem Shake was so deep :)
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Verbosity
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: The Fallacy of Consensus
- Liberal Rhetoric 101 in Review
- "whatchu talkin bout willis?!"
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Compassionate Intentions (No...
- why i need it
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Memes
- these are the people...
- Stewardship Good, Environmentalism Bad
- changing as we age
- "Racism" Ad Hominem Delegitimizes Correction of Tr...
- Twitter Files: Proving the Point from "False Cries...
- the 1st time i sent my wife off by herself in the ...
- even the bank judges you
- our very own Harlem Shake
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: False Cries of Racism
- ▼ March (16)
- ► 2012 (464)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...