simple like a story

the gospel.

short and sweet.

simple like a story.

"Crack kids, track kids, hookers and robbers, The naked and hungry, mothers and fathers
Abuses, excuses, and guns in your hands, And I even welcome the arrogant man
I welcome you all to the biggest of feasts, A night of no shame, to pause and to breathe
This is a night of love's renovation, A feast I am sure that could change a whole nation
Me, I'm not such an excellent host, I am one who forgives but needs it the most
I found the liar, the killer of hearts, And I ran away with a new way to start
I journeyed a road where a bright man appeared
He looked into me, and my eyes filled with tears
My breath fast and short and my heart burning deep
He gave me new eyes and a new way to see
So come as you are,, as you are, as you are...
I still defiled His great love ways, I felt such a famine when I ran away
I missed the presence, The voice like a song, I was nasty and dirty, I knew I was wrong
But He ran to me like a dream like a Father, This love is not earthly this love must be other
He carried me home and threw me a party, A party so loud like the greatest love story
Oh my dear friends applaud now please, I've invited you here to announce YOU ARE FREE!
He takes your chains, busting you out of prison
Just open your heart, Let your heart come and listen
come as you are,, as you are, as you are...
Who could accept all your pounding and screaming
Your raging, your freaking, cussing, and beating
All while He holds you and always forgiving, This is the story of love and of living
Wipe off your tears and laugh just a little, Come break this bread, celebrate the Forgiver
Raise up a glass, a time to remember, Come break this bread, CELEBRATE THE FORGIVER!!!
(Charlie Hall, Hookers and Robbers)