Last night, Mitt Romney absolutely flattened President Obama in the debate like a cartoon character under a steamroller. It was like watching Abraham Lincoln debate Milton Waddams. OK, I exaggerate a little. But I was continually waiting for President Obama to go search for his stapler.
Mitt was on point. He was packed with facts. He was charismatic. He called Obama out on his blatant lies at one point, and did it so tactfully that President Obama could barely respond. He also took the wind right out of President Obama's sails by bringing up and disarming the President's best retorts on issues like Obamacare (and Romneycare) and what the President was about to say (falsely) about Governor Romney's tax plans. It reminded me of Harvey Dent taking the gun from the mobster in Dark Knight, except of Dent had seen the gun in the mobster's coat and taken it before he even pulled it out.
Mitt was, frankly, brilliant. You know how I know? Because the Drive-By Media is in pure, unadulterated spin mode now. They are saying Romney won by lying. They are saying "it doesn't matter because Obama's still leading in the polls" (in fantasy world with a +8% Democrat turnout, mind you). They are on full blown defense. Their candidate just showed up and was incompetent in a debate. So much for being such a great rhetorician, right? I guess Obama just missed his teleprompter.
So let's talk about President Obama, shall we? Remember how I said all through the primaries that Foghorn Leghorn could beat Obama in this election? (I still believe that, just like I still firmly believe we will win on November 6th). Well it sounded to me like Foghorn Leghorn showed up to debate in place of Barack Obama. A whole lot of rambling. A whole lot of stuff made up on the spot (which Foghorn Leghorn was fond of doing, as well, by the way).
Friends, the Drive-By Media is going to tell you a different story. They aren't claiming Obama won the debate, because frankly, that's like saying Picket's Charge went really well for the Confederacy. Fact is the Left does not know what hit them. President Obama made Jimmy Carter's 1980 debate performance look strong. They don't know what to do, friends!
They're going to double down on skewed polls, that I can guarantee. They are going to talk about how debates don't matter. But debates do matter. President Obama had to go toe to toe with Mitt Romney last night. As conservative columnist David Limbaugh said on Twitter during the debate: "So far it's a boxing analogy -- O is flailing away blindly without even seeing his target much less hitting it. Mitt's blocking & punching."
That's how the debate went. Obama flailed, Romney kept hitting him and hitting him and flat out won. In the end, do you want to know how Mitt won? He did precisely what I've told you he needed to do: He effectively communicated conservatism. Bottom line: If the same Mitt Romney keeps showing up for the next 33 days, Barack Obama does not have a chance. Game on.
- ► 2013 (118)
- unending fame...
- Obama's Class Warfare Has Failed
- Benghazi Should Be a Huge Scandal (But Media has C...
- a tribute to the greatest day ever
- In Memorial of Justin Lewis Glynn
- "... and you wanted me deported..."
- i wish i spoke double digit languages
- RCP Avg Strikes Again with Misleading Polls - This...
- Letter Bag: No, Incumbents Do Not Historically win...
- more practices for my walking around life (part 2)...
- Obama was Petulant, Romney was Presidential
- practicing in the moments of my walking around lif...
- If the Obama Campaign Isn't Worried, They Should B...
- 10 people at my man cave party
- 10 FICTIONAL people i would hang out with
- 10 dead people i would hang out with
- 10 people i would like to hang out with
- Romney Nearly Tied with Women in Swing States
- don't be surprised
- ABC/WaPo Poll Should Be Ashamed of Themselves
- Rumors of an Obama Debate Win Have been Greatly Ex...
- Happy Birthday Keira!!!
- Scenarios for a Romney Electoral College Win
- Ambassador Stevens is Dead, Al Qaeda is Alive, and...
- busy parents suck
- Biden Makes a Fool Out of Himself
- that's easy for you to say
- Real Clear Politics Unrelable: Old Polls, Skewed P...
- Liberals Panic After Pew Poll
- a couple little dreams i have
- Swing States Swing to Romney Post Debate
- people who work at churches
- Swing State Polls are as Cooked as the National Po...
- she is adding life to our years
- Quotes of the week from Catalyst 2012
- Swing State Polls are as Cooked as the National Po...
- Mitt Romney Wins Debate By Several Touchdowns
- what i'm looking forward to at Catalyst '12
- Some Pollsters Reduce Skews, Election Tightens?
- to liberate the oppressed and the oppressor both
- Still Waiting for Barack Obama to do ANYTHING on B...
- Drive-By Media Admits Romney is Winning Independen...
- one of the greatest things that has ever happened ...
- ▼ October (46)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...