Rush Limbaugh said it on his show yesterday (October 16, 2012):
If Obama shows up tonight and successfully breathes, he's going to be declared the winner tomorrow.
Rush was correct. Obama showed up and didn't flounder. He at least managed his talking points. He even had a few good rhetorical decisions. (The one that made me say "SONOFA!" was waiting to bring up the 47% non-story until Romney couldn't respond, using his final statement in the debate.)
What Obama didn't do was he didn't successfully present Romney as a a bad candidate or, more importantly, himself as a good one. At all. He told more tales about "increasing oil production," but Governor Romney pointed out (and Obama ducked the question) that it was entirely on private lands, which the government has zero say over. He lied about the Libya crisis and refused to answer the direct question asked by a voter of what happened. He just blamed Romney for giving a statement.
The Drive-By Media is predictably hammering Romney's strength in the debate. Their spin is "Romney was a bully" or he was "disrespectful." These are the same people who glossed over Joe Biden being a legitimate bully a week ago, by the way. If you doubt media bias, pay attention to the difference between how Biden's legitimate bullying was presented vs. Romney refusing to let Obama lie. They are telling you what you saw, but let's stop and think about what we ACTUALLY saw, shall we?
What we actually saw was President Obama having to lie to cover his tracks or just ignore questions. For example, why is he telling a college student who has asked about his job prospects after college about increased manufacturing jobs. (Please tell me the President realizes that the goal of a college degree is not to be a knob turner at a factory.) He also refused to answer Governor Romney's point about his "increased drilling" coming not from public lands but private lands.
I also still heard stammering and stuttering from the President in a lot of the debate. He wasn't quite as bad as last time. But he still was searching for the truth throughout the debate. The only thing is he seemed LESS ridiculously incompetent, so he looked better by comparison. Like Rush said, it's all about exceeding expectations.
So what precisely happened, in terms of this debate? Well, I'll tell you. I watched a Frank Lunz focus group from Nevada after the debate. The lion's share of the people in the group were Obama voters in 2008. The lion's share of those same people said they had now decided to vote for Mitt Romney.
Friends, here's what really happened at the debate: Obama couldn't answer legitimate questions. He couldn't answer Governor Romney's legitimate questions. The Drive-By Media is telling us that Obama "won on points." Let's make pretend that it matters if someone "wins on points" in a debate. Debates are not reflected on points. This isn't high school Debate Team. This is a Presidential Election.
Obama did not move the meter. Even if the Drive-By Media brings out skewed polls that claim it did, trust me, it won't matter on Election Day. Mitt Romney is about to win the Presidency in three weeks. And that's what really matters.
- ► 2013 (118)
- unending fame...
- Obama's Class Warfare Has Failed
- Benghazi Should Be a Huge Scandal (But Media has C...
- a tribute to the greatest day ever
- In Memorial of Justin Lewis Glynn
- "... and you wanted me deported..."
- i wish i spoke double digit languages
- RCP Avg Strikes Again with Misleading Polls - This...
- Letter Bag: No, Incumbents Do Not Historically win...
- more practices for my walking around life (part 2)...
- Obama was Petulant, Romney was Presidential
- practicing in the moments of my walking around lif...
- If the Obama Campaign Isn't Worried, They Should B...
- 10 people at my man cave party
- 10 FICTIONAL people i would hang out with
- 10 dead people i would hang out with
- 10 people i would like to hang out with
- Romney Nearly Tied with Women in Swing States
- don't be surprised
- ABC/WaPo Poll Should Be Ashamed of Themselves
- Rumors of an Obama Debate Win Have been Greatly Ex...
- Happy Birthday Keira!!!
- Scenarios for a Romney Electoral College Win
- Ambassador Stevens is Dead, Al Qaeda is Alive, and...
- busy parents suck
- Biden Makes a Fool Out of Himself
- that's easy for you to say
- Real Clear Politics Unrelable: Old Polls, Skewed P...
- Liberals Panic After Pew Poll
- a couple little dreams i have
- Swing States Swing to Romney Post Debate
- people who work at churches
- Swing State Polls are as Cooked as the National Po...
- she is adding life to our years
- Quotes of the week from Catalyst 2012
- Swing State Polls are as Cooked as the National Po...
- Mitt Romney Wins Debate By Several Touchdowns
- what i'm looking forward to at Catalyst '12
- Some Pollsters Reduce Skews, Election Tightens?
- to liberate the oppressed and the oppressor both
- Still Waiting for Barack Obama to do ANYTHING on B...
- Drive-By Media Admits Romney is Winning Independen...
- one of the greatest things that has ever happened ...
- ▼ October (46)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...