i think; therefore i blog

so why start a blog and write stuff pretty much every day?

great question & i'm glad you asked.



there are many answers to that question but the main reason is that I HAVE TO.


if i didn't write i think i would explode.







there just aren't enough people in the world to talk the things in my head out with. and i've gotta talk things out... or write things out.


writing is the way i have to process all these thoughts, ideas, wrestlings, learnings, etc... in my brain.





i've got to have an outlet for it all. renown is that outlet. i can write about whatever i want or need to write about on renown.


This helps me grow. it's part of my development. writing makes me a better me. writing helps me make sense of me, of God, of the world, of what's next, etc...





i know i'm not a great writer. i never claimed to be and have never really attempted to be. i just write. i just crank it out. get it out of my brain and down on paper


really, this blog is just for me. the fact that other people choose to read it is just an extra bonus i guess.





although ultimately, this blog is not for me. as the name implies, it's for a RENOWN bigger than mine. but not necessarily just that people read it and are pointed toward that renown. although it's awesome when that happens, it's secondary. Primarily, just the fact that i have a place to write helps me become who i think God is trying to mold me into for His renown.





so i don't think i'll ever stop writing. unless i stop having ideas and thoughts and wrestling with stuff. and i hope that's not until after i'm dead.





so i blog because... well, because i am. i think; therefore i blog.



i got this phrase from Tony Morgan but it's from my heart 100%. seriously. i blog because i think stuff. (& i'm no expert, but i'm guessing Tony somewhat adapted it from Descartes or someone like that in the age of Reason or Rationalism or the Enlightenment ?)




"I process what I believe and figure out who I am while I write. I think; therefore I blog." - Tony Morgan