words are POWERFUL

i guess i've always known words are powerful - for good or for bad. to encourage or to pull down.





but over the past 2 years it's been more and more real to me.



but recently i have been blown away by some of the words spoken to me. the kind that completely catch you off guard. those unsolicited words about me spoken directly to me.

people looking me in the eyes and speaking their mind about me.



several people have spoken POWERFUL words to me recently. maybe 8 or 9 people in the past month. the kind of powerful words that can simultaneously bring me to tears and pump me up so that i can even feel the adrenaline. the kind of words that produce powerful emotion. the kind of powerful words that i'm still thinking about a week or 2 or 3 later.



those people have no idea the weight those words carry. words that let me know i'm not wasting my time. maybe i am worth something. my life matters. maybe... just maybe these crazy dreams and grand visions i have can be accomplished. words that let me know people believe in me more than i ever realized.




maybe you think great things about someone. maybe sometimes you have something powerful to say to them. but you don't.




maybe you think they are really gifted or maybe they have made a massive difference in your life. they have no way of knowing unless you tell them.




Your words are POWERFUL. Use them for good.



because i can feel the power when it's done for me... i desperately want to do the same for others.