"so that" (stuck on it)

(This was originally posted to renown on September 16, 2009. And i'm happy to say - i'm STILL stuck on it.)






I
read this 3 weeks ago in my new fav morning "nature" spot I've been
chillin' with God at every morning these last several weeks. I've been
reading & PRAYING this following passage every morning since. I'm
gonna memorize it and pray it all the time. Check it:





"May God be gracious to us and bless us

and make His face shine on us— SO THAT Your ways may be known on earth,

your salvation among all nations.

May the peoples praise You, God;

may all the peoples praise You.

May the nations be glad and sing for joy,

for You rule the peoples with equity

and guide the nations of the earth.

May the peoples praise you, God;

may all the peoples praise You.

The land yields its harvest;

God, our God, blesses us.

May God bless us still,

SO THAT all the ends of the earth will fear Him." (Psalm 67)



this is my prayer & song to God. That is my heart's passion!



This
is the only reason I want to be blessed. This is the only reason God
gives blessings to me & to my wife and to us as a family = SO THAT
we will take those blessings and use them for His renown!

His
fame & renown in all the earth is the only reason we've been
blessed with a pimp house and 2 cars and jobs and food on our table and
iPhones and health and minds and speech and sight and abilities...

It's
the only reason I've been blessed with this computer to write this blog
and the fingers that are typing it. It's the reason I've been blessed
with the breath I am taking right now. "SO THAT" all the peoples & nations & ends of the earth will know & fear & be in AWE of God's renown.




So
I would be an idiot to not recognize that's what all these blessings
are for. I'd be an idiot to think they're just blessings for the sake of
making me richer or something...



This should remind us all of the beginning of the Story (Genesis 12) when God said His whole purpose for blessing a "people" was so that they would BE A BLESSING to the rest of the peoples! and the whole Story shows how all those blessings are SO THAT His renown would spread throughout the world!

This
is still the story we're in = God is making His Name famous in all the
world & He's blessing us "so that" we'll be a part of that
renown-spreading story!