i thought i wanted a boy.
Crystal and i both did.
we wanted a boy 1st & then a girl. no doubt about it. no questions asked.
i can't understand what i was thinking? this is the only way to roll. i can't imagine not having Keira 1st. she's the most amazing 1st child ever.
we're loving every second of this vaca with her & just today Crystal and i were talking about how we didn't even know what we were thinking wanting a boy 1st. girls are the best :)
(still want a boy 1 day though, of course.)
i seriously cannot even count how many of my close friends also had a girl 1st around the same time as we had Keira.
SO... when i read this, i figured i would post it here. good advice for me and all my new dad friends who had little girls 1st.
(from Carlos Whittaker's blog... i only left out #3 to make it shorter...)
"I know lots of guy friends want that little boy first and may be a little let down when they don’t see that little pecker on the ultrasound image.
I just want to say, all will not only be fine, but you will soon be over your “I wanna play catch in the front yard” phase because…
Girls can actually throw and catch a ball as well…
1. The Diaper Changing Phase.
Using the 3 finger and wipe tactic, you can literally clean the nastiest poop in one swoop.
No lifting poop ridden appendages. No fear that a little pecker will spray urine in your mouth.
Just 3 cracks and 3 fingers and one wipe.
2. The Princess Phase.
This will come on as quickly as it will leave.
There is nothing quite like having tea with a princess with your best British accent and knowing that she quite literally thinks you are the King of the castle.
And the look that lands on her face when she meets Cinderella for the first time at Disneyland is a look you wont soon forget.
That is unless Cinderella just got back from a smoke break and she looks at you and says…”Daddy. Why does Cinderella smell like Grandma?”
4. The Mommy Doesn’t Do It Like That Phase.
Although this may seem like a phase you will want to skip, trust me it isn’t.
Once one of your daughters decides that she wants to be exactly like her mother you are in luck.
At this point you can devote some of the brain power you had to parenting back to sports radio or something better.
The reason is because they will know everything you don’t.
Like where the vanilla extract is.
Where mom keeps the ziplock bags.
How many vegtables and fruits must accompany the pizza slice you give them when mommy is out at her Book Club (Wine Night).
They will let you know what time to pick up the kid at preschool.
They will own you.
And although this phase comes with it’s negatives like self doubt and proof of your spouses DNA being stronger than yours…
The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
5. The How Do I Raise A Girl? Phase
This phase never leaves.
But it also places you on your A game.
One bad move and she could end up working at The Cheetah instead of a better animal like Buffalos Wild Wings or DogHouse Grill.
We are dudes. We have penises and are self centered and play Xbox in our 30′s.
We know exactly what kind of man we want our daughters to end up with.
So if you are smart, you will quickly become that man.
And when you are not that man, let your little girl know so that they know we are human and are trying.
Tell them that they are beautiful on a daily basis.
Tell them in different ways not just with your words.
Paint them a picture.
Write them a love letter.
And never stop holding them.
Even when they get boobs and stuff.
They will always see themselves as your little girls and you will always be the King of the Castle.
Even when that 15 year old guy is staring at their 14 year old body.
There will always be room for you as long as you keep the pursuit of their heart above the pursuit of your heart.
Don’t fret at the thought of panties and pretty.
They wrestle just as hard as the boys do.
And their kick to the face as you are suplexing them on the bed hurts just as good.
And the main reason why is… boys are just easier and we are already lazy enough.
It’s better that way.
- ► 2013 (118)
- update on my Mom's double lung transplant - 7 mont...
- Obama Should Be Very Concerned (InfoGraph)
- Obama IS NOT a "Nice Guy"
- surely it's better than nothing?
- my morning with Shake & Eric
- Obama is Losing in a COOKED WaPo-ABC Poll!
- Another Cooked Poll: 3 Swing State Poll with Stack...
- Registered Voter Polls – The Drive-By Media’s Othe...
- Romney Takes the Lead: Quick, COOK TWO POLLS!
- Poorly Stated: What (I *Think*) Todd Akin Really B...
- Why Aren't Liberal Polls Publishing?
- Biblical Conservatism Officially Endorses Romney/R...
- Numbers to Back Poll Cooking Accusations
- Predicting the Liberal Hypocrisy on Paul Ryan
- having a little girl 1st
- Let the Liberal Lies About Ryan Plan Continue!
- blogging break - am i back?
- The Left Would've Attacked Any Republican VP This ...
- Romney Knocks It Out of the Park with VP Pick
- Obama Super-PAC Ad Shows How Little the Left "Unde...
- In addition Being in Poor Taste, "Understands" Ad ...
- Obama's Poll Numbers Are Only Good With a Fantasy ...
- Letter Bag: Government's Job Isn't to Create "Fair...
- 3 kinds of influence
- Life in Danger and Rape Exceptions Don't Require A...
- happy anniversary (7 years)
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Did the Flintstones...
- it shouldn't be this way either
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Why This Radish Wou...
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Just for Fun - The ...
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...