Why not? It doesn't matter how many times it's disproven! Liberals in general and the Obama campaign in specific are absolutely committed to repeating the lie that Paul Ryan's Budget cuts traditional Medicare and takes it from senior citizens, etc.
The truth, of course, which you can say until you're blue in the face and not be heard, is that a) The Ryan Plan doesn't affect anyone currently in the Medicare System or anyone who will enter it in the near future and b) IT DOESN'T END MEDICARE OR EVEN CUT IT!
Here's a big bowl of Truth which the Drive-By Media is completely loathe to repeat: The Ryan Plan won't affect anyone who is currently in the system or anyone who joins the system for the next ten years. Then, in ten years, the plan will open up the OPTION of going to a private Medicare program through a premium support payment program, wherein a senior may CHOOSE whether or not he or she wants to stay in the current public program of Medicare (which is fully covered by the premium support payments) or they may choose to look at other private programs and take their Medicare money to those private programs.
Let me give those of you from Palm Beach County, FL a quick and simple explanation of how this would work. Let's make pretend that the cost of public Medicare is $1000 per month (I picked this number out of the air because it's nice and round.) Mrs Senor Sit-Essen (say it out loud so you can see how clever I am) now has the following options:
Option A) Opt for the traditional public Medicare program
Option B) Opt for a private Medicare Insurance Plan like Blue Cross's (fictional made up) Medicare Insurance Plan Alpha, which that costs $1000 per month. Mrs. Sit-Essen still will pay $0 out of pocket, just like if she chose public Medicare.
Option C) Opt for private Medicare Insurance Plan Beta (I made that up too) which is run by (oh lets say) Blue Cross. Blue Cross' Insurance Plan Beta which costs $1005 per month and comes with a free toothbrush, package of floss, three rolls of basic toilet paper and spanking new plastic kazoo each month as an added benefits (none of which comes with Blue Cross' Insurance Plan Alpha, hence the extra $5 per month).
Now, if Mrs. Sit-Essen picks Options A or B, NOTHING CHANGES! She doesn't have to write a check or collect cans or cliff dive in a wheel chair or anything! She has simply chosen her plan and her allotted Medicare money goes to either A) the traditional government Medicare plan or B) Blue Cross for Plan Alpha.
If Mrs. Sit-Essen picks Option C, she will be billed by Blue Cross for the balance. For those of you from Palm Beach County, FL, that DOES NOT MEAN she now has to pay $1005 per month! Rather, she will be billed for the very reasonable amount of $5 each month (not a bad deal for a new toothbrush, a pack of floss, 3 rolls of basic toilet paper and a spanking new plastic kazoo - actual retail value $6).
This is the truth that the Drive-By Media continues to ignore, including the facts that A) Traditional Medicare continues to be a perfectly available option and B) Medicare WILL BE BANKRUPT in a matter of a few years if we don't act. But it does take willful ignorance to maintain liberal mentalities on the Budget.
So let the liberal lies about the Ryan Plan continue!
- ► 2013 (118)
- update on my Mom's double lung transplant - 7 mont...
- Obama Should Be Very Concerned (InfoGraph)
- Obama IS NOT a "Nice Guy"
- surely it's better than nothing?
- my morning with Shake & Eric
- Obama is Losing in a COOKED WaPo-ABC Poll!
- Another Cooked Poll: 3 Swing State Poll with Stack...
- Registered Voter Polls – The Drive-By Media’s Othe...
- Romney Takes the Lead: Quick, COOK TWO POLLS!
- Poorly Stated: What (I *Think*) Todd Akin Really B...
- Why Aren't Liberal Polls Publishing?
- Biblical Conservatism Officially Endorses Romney/R...
- Numbers to Back Poll Cooking Accusations
- Predicting the Liberal Hypocrisy on Paul Ryan
- having a little girl 1st
- Let the Liberal Lies About Ryan Plan Continue!
- blogging break - am i back?
- The Left Would've Attacked Any Republican VP This ...
- Romney Knocks It Out of the Park with VP Pick
- Obama Super-PAC Ad Shows How Little the Left "Unde...
- In addition Being in Poor Taste, "Understands" Ad ...
- Obama's Poll Numbers Are Only Good With a Fantasy ...
- Letter Bag: Government's Job Isn't to Create "Fair...
- 3 kinds of influence
- Life in Danger and Rape Exceptions Don't Require A...
- happy anniversary (7 years)
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Did the Flintstones...
- it shouldn't be this way either
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Why This Radish Wou...
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Just for Fun - The ...
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...