Well, you just knew I couldn't give liberals so many facts and figures against their favorite argument on Voter ID laws without getting a pointless response. So here's what we got, anonymously, earlier this week:
You ignorant southern hick! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a photo ID? Do you realize how many blacks and hispanics who can't afford proper ID you are leaving in the dirt with these laws?!
OK, first of all, I'm from NEW YORK. Not the South. I talk about it all the time. Get a map.
Secondly, Bam-Bam, do YOU have any idea how many people don't have ID? Turns out I did have that little detail in my post:
"LESS THAN 1% OF ELIGIBLE VOTERS HAVE NO PHOTO ID!"
Oh, and to that less than 1% with no photo ID, I'd say voting is the least of their problems. Because, unless they are a subsistence farmer living on a piece of land that they own due to squaters rights, they are unable to find a place to LIVE. You need photo identification to rent or buy a home.
Also, these "poor people left in the dirt" as you so astutely put it, are also left in the dirt from buying cough syrup, alcohol, allergy pills, tobbaco, lottery tickets, register for school, cash a check, open a bank account, apply for government benefits, get on an airplane, or enter a government building. So once again, Bam-Bam, these people have far greater problems than not being able to vote.
Do I have any idea how difficult it is to get a photo ID? Yes. I have one. When I obtained my first photo ID (my learner's permit at 16 years old) I needed I believe it was my social security card and birth certificate. Really wasn't that hard to get. By the way, to get a non-driver ID card, it costs about ten bucks in my state. Yeah. Ten bucks. Considering the laundry list of things one cannot do without that photo ID (see above), Bam-Bam, it seems like something basically all adults need to do anyway.
So actually, not that hard to get set up now is it, Bam-Bam? My suggestion is this. Take a break from saying one word over and over, and spend five minutes researching your point before making it. Ask Pebbles for help. She seems smart.
- ► 2013 (118)
- a friend of a friend
- Obamacare Ruling Has Just Woken a Sleeping Giant
- it just enables
- Reactions to the SCOTUS Obamacare Decision
- Balancing Faith and the Constitution
- how well can you do this?
- Reactions to the AZ Immigration Law Ruling
- only 49% save for retirement
- It's Always the Cover-Up, Not the Actual Crime, Mr...
- my 1st blog from 30,000 feet
- WaPo is Telegraphing Obama's Potential Defeat
- my wife is the awesomest!
- Bloomberg Poll that Boosts Obama Goes Against All ...
- thirsty? (repost)
- Letter Bag: Voter ID Realities, Part II
- Once Mitt Connects, Obama is Done
- Real Facts on Voter ID Laws
- my favorite thoughts about RENOWN
- Rumors of the Tea Party's Death Are Greatly Exagge...
- Why Are Food Stamps Advertising?
- Stop Bringing Up Bush to Argue Against Conservatis...
- this is my 1,000th blog post
- No Mr. President, the Private Sector IS NOT fine.....
- what is love?
- Bain Capital Attacks Show How Little the Left Unde...
- "you taught me..."
- "i beg you with my whole heart"
- thougths from somebody way smarter than me
- conversation with the postman
- Letter Bag: The Post Office
- money money money
- Reactions to the Wisconsin Recall Election
- pointing out the good
- Obama Claims Fiscal Restraint, Backs it with Fuzzy...
- what is money for anyway?
- What Does Today's WI Recall Election Mean?
- belong - behave - believe
- Romney Running Mate Talk: The Good, the Bad, and t...
- the ouiji board chased me!
- earthquakes and tsunamis
- Romney Running MateTalk (Part 3)
- ▼ June (43)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...