Tuesday, Scott Walker handily won the Recall Election in Wisconsin, as did Walker's Lieutenant Governor, Rebecca Kleefisch. The final result was Walker winning 53% to 45% and Kleefisch winning 53% to 46%. While it was hardly a landslide, it was most certainly a comfortable victory for both. Furthermore, of the GOP State Senators who were subject to a recall, three of four won by comfortable margins and the fourth is so close it hasn't been called yet.
Liberals, of course, are throwing fits. They're claiming the Koch brothers did it, this was a victory of "Citizens United over citizens of Wisconsin," claiming that Wisconsin just "refused change." Actually, Wisconsin did vote for change...it was conservative change to fiscal responsibility. According to liberals, this isn't change...because the only real change that counts is becoming more liberal (just ask them!) so when a state votes to be more fiscally responsible it doesn't count. More importantly, the citizens of Wisconsin...the very employers of these public sector unions, did speak. They just spoke in favor of conservative government.
The result was in stark contrast to the exit polls that were released at 9 pm. CNN's exit polling, for example, claimed that the recall was tied. I guess there was a little 8% whoops in their exit polling, huh? When the polls closed, all news outlets I could find said the race was "too close to call." That's interesting, considering the margin of victory, and how close that margin was to the Real Clear Politics Poll average pre-election.
And yet the Drive-By Media is claiming that, according to the same exit polls that claimed the recall race was tied and too close to call, that President Obama has a commanding lead over Governor Mitt Romney in the 2012 general election. If nothing else, this election should show, once again, that exit polls are essentially useless.
What do we take from this big win for conservatism?
One, as I just said, this tells us that exit polls are pointless. We can all conject as to why this is true: Perhaps it's because the Drive-By Media is using it's usual, wonderfully bad polling samples, or perhaps it's simply that Democrats are more likely to participate in an exit poll than Republicans? Either way, for the last eight years, these polls have shown to be very unreliable. (Remember in 2004, when Bob Shrum said "Let me be the first to call you Mr. President" to John Kerry?)
Two, this tells us that Wisconsin is committed to fiscal restraint! People are getting it. Conservatism works, and when conservatism is genuinely put into practice, it wins. Heck, Governor Walker GAINED GROUND from his 2010 election in this recall.
Three, irregardless of the Drive-By Media using the very same exit polls that were so patently wrong about the results for the recall, it shows that Barrack Obama is indeed vulnerable in Wisconsin. Why would the same people who upheld their election of Governor Walker and, presumably, validate his fiscal reforms, then turn around and sweep to victory the very President who has absolutely refused to consider reforms of this nature at all? Answer: They likely won't. And that my friends, is the best news the Wisconsin recall could present.
- ► 2013 (118)
- a friend of a friend
- Obamacare Ruling Has Just Woken a Sleeping Giant
- it just enables
- Reactions to the SCOTUS Obamacare Decision
- Balancing Faith and the Constitution
- how well can you do this?
- Reactions to the AZ Immigration Law Ruling
- only 49% save for retirement
- It's Always the Cover-Up, Not the Actual Crime, Mr...
- my 1st blog from 30,000 feet
- WaPo is Telegraphing Obama's Potential Defeat
- my wife is the awesomest!
- Bloomberg Poll that Boosts Obama Goes Against All ...
- thirsty? (repost)
- Letter Bag: Voter ID Realities, Part II
- Once Mitt Connects, Obama is Done
- Real Facts on Voter ID Laws
- my favorite thoughts about RENOWN
- Rumors of the Tea Party's Death Are Greatly Exagge...
- Why Are Food Stamps Advertising?
- Stop Bringing Up Bush to Argue Against Conservatis...
- this is my 1,000th blog post
- No Mr. President, the Private Sector IS NOT fine.....
- what is love?
- Bain Capital Attacks Show How Little the Left Unde...
- "you taught me..."
- "i beg you with my whole heart"
- thougths from somebody way smarter than me
- conversation with the postman
- Letter Bag: The Post Office
- money money money
- Reactions to the Wisconsin Recall Election
- pointing out the good
- Obama Claims Fiscal Restraint, Backs it with Fuzzy...
- what is money for anyway?
- What Does Today's WI Recall Election Mean?
- belong - behave - believe
- Romney Running Mate Talk: The Good, the Bad, and t...
- the ouiji board chased me!
- earthquakes and tsunamis
- Romney Running MateTalk (Part 3)
- ▼ June (43)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...