that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think?
it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some thoughts from my brain and posted them here on renown.
i started thinking about that and realized that there aren't all that many things that we discipline ourselves to do 1,000 times. (i can remember shooting 1,000 free throws in a day in middle school & high school... but it didn't happen all that often.)
so, in part, i'm celebrating today. celebrating the 1,000th post to this site i call renown.
i've learned i'm not all that great at celebrating personal stuff. i don't like to waste time thinking about something i've already done. i want to get on with it... do the next thing.
so, my 1st thought today is just to get on with it. tomorrow will be post # 1,001 and so on...
i decided to pause for just a moment today and celebrate these 1,000 articles i've written. it is a milestone. i do feel a little sense of accomplishment.
so, HAPPY 1,000 to me! to renown.
there. i did it. can we move on now? :)
many parts of the last 4 & a half years of my life are recorded on this site. i go back and look through it somewhat often. it's an easy way to remember certain times. to see what i was doing or thinking about back then. to see how much i've changed.
because i've written about all kinds of things - life, passions, what i'm learning, who i want to become, theology, philosophy, ideas, etc... etc...
it's easy to look back and see where i've been, how i've changed, etc...
i read some of my old articles and think "what was i thinking when i wrote that? that is so bad."
and others i read and think "man, that was really really good. did i really write that?"
i'm most happy that all this writing has given me an avenue to really "work stuff out". writing forces me to flesh my thoughts out... or else i might just let stuff stay in my head forever and never be forced to land on what i really think about some important stuff.
i started this blog for 1 main reason. the same 1 main reason i live my life.
hence, the name of the blog.
everybody pretty much lives their life for renown, whether they know it or not. they live their life for the FAME, honor, glory, and renown of SOMEBODY or SOMETHING.
i intentionally choose which renown to live my life for. the only one that matters because it's the only one that is TRULY renown.
because renown is ultimate and unending fame. there is only 1 fame that is ultimate and unending.
and i just said that i wanted this blog to simply be a reflection & an outlet for a life attempting to live for God's renown.
but there has been a really cool "by-product." i take joy in the fact that some of these 1,000 posts have along the way AFFECTED people. i don't want to be so bold as to say it has "changed" people, but no doubt these 1,000 writings have AFFECTED people... MOVED them maybe?
and these are their words not mine. these are things tons of people have told me. i would like to think it has also affected tons more who have not told me.
i'll stop for a moment today and celebrate that too.
but now i'll move on and keep writing with the secondary hope that the next thousand posts can affect even more people and move them even more deeply.
move them in a direction that i hope this blog is also moving me = to live our lives for the only renown that matters.
i wrote and published these 1st thousand articles in just under 4 & a half years.
there's 1,000 more in the bag (my head and halfway on paper) and coming quickly. hopefully it will only take about 3 years for the next thousand to land on renown.
maybe then we'll have a "happy 2,000" party?
- ► 2013 (118)
- a friend of a friend
- Obamacare Ruling Has Just Woken a Sleeping Giant
- it just enables
- Reactions to the SCOTUS Obamacare Decision
- Balancing Faith and the Constitution
- how well can you do this?
- Reactions to the AZ Immigration Law Ruling
- only 49% save for retirement
- It's Always the Cover-Up, Not the Actual Crime, Mr...
- my 1st blog from 30,000 feet
- WaPo is Telegraphing Obama's Potential Defeat
- my wife is the awesomest!
- Bloomberg Poll that Boosts Obama Goes Against All ...
- thirsty? (repost)
- Letter Bag: Voter ID Realities, Part II
- Once Mitt Connects, Obama is Done
- Real Facts on Voter ID Laws
- my favorite thoughts about RENOWN
- Rumors of the Tea Party's Death Are Greatly Exagge...
- Why Are Food Stamps Advertising?
- Stop Bringing Up Bush to Argue Against Conservatis...
- this is my 1,000th blog post
- No Mr. President, the Private Sector IS NOT fine.....
- what is love?
- Bain Capital Attacks Show How Little the Left Unde...
- "you taught me..."
- "i beg you with my whole heart"
- thougths from somebody way smarter than me
- conversation with the postman
- Letter Bag: The Post Office
- money money money
- Reactions to the Wisconsin Recall Election
- pointing out the good
- Obama Claims Fiscal Restraint, Backs it with Fuzzy...
- what is money for anyway?
- What Does Today's WI Recall Election Mean?
- belong - behave - believe
- Romney Running Mate Talk: The Good, the Bad, and t...
- the ouiji board chased me!
- earthquakes and tsunamis
- Romney Running MateTalk (Part 3)
- ▼ June (43)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...