crazy bummed about when i will turn 30. feels like it will be crossing a huge line that i desperately don't want to cross.
but at least i will be prepared after reading The Pocket Guide to Adulthood: 29 Things to Know Before You Hit 30
thanks to Jason Boyett for putting together a guide for peeps like me closing out their 20s to help us know what we need to know to be an old person.
(i already posted #s 1-5 HERE.)
6 Being all weird about food safety is a pretty good idea
wow. i DEFINITELY learned a lot from this chapter! i was breaking ALL these rules that were shared big time. i.e. - eating pizza that had been left in my hot car for a week!
not any more - because i'm about to be an old adult.
7 How to change a flat tire like a real live mechanic
this is the one mechanical thing i actually did know already. pretty much the only thing i can do.
8 Marriage is not necessarily a rowdy sex romp, and other misconceptions
wait, for real?
wait, is that after you turn 30 or before? :)
9 How to stop worrying and be an optimist
i really love being & so thankful i'm an optimist. but i still have to battle worry like everyone else. i need to work harder at relaxing too. (oxymoron?)
10 Establish your own coolness with an amazing card trick
now this was awesome. i've never really known a card trick. i love playing poker, but i've never really known how to do a trick. NOW I DO. so, someone please - ask me to see a card trick! or do i have to wait til i hit 30?
*that's only 10 down of the 29 things you have to know to be an old 30 year-old.
more coming tomorrow.
- ► 2013 (118)
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 5)
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 4)
- all i want for christmas (& my bday)
- i'm thankful for...
- from one Thanksgiving to the next
- Crystal quotes of the day #5 (break down pregnancy...
- big David Beckham announcement
- "the biggest killer of relationships is busy"
- hide the gravy
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 2)
- be a student not a critic
- a reminder for all of us who are too flipping busy...
- something i like to ask myself before i fall aslee...
- 29 things to know before you hit 30
- more deadly than hate
- the prayer on my wall
- Where Do We Go From Here: Reactions to Election 20...
- A Time for Choosing
- a good reminder
- Be Prepared for Legal Challenges In Close States
- Model T leadership
- Good News, Mr. President: In Fantasy Land, You're ...
- Time for Obama to Panic: Early Voting Favors Romne...
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...