done this every year for like 5 years now, so i'll keep it short.
i don't expect anyone to buy me birthday gifts or christmas gifts. BUT if someone is going to buy me a gift - i DON'T WANT a gift... i would really just love to leverage all that money you would spend to build a well for a village in Africa that doesn't have clean water. makes way more sense than you buying me a sweater.
*So, let me be clear (this is my open letter to all of you) - I do not want anyone to buy me birthday or Christmas presents!
Crystal and i are actually pretty close to already building a well through Charity Water, SO it would be awesome if you just wanted to add cash to building our well. i can update you on where the well will go and send a link after it's done!
*or if you want to just give online you can click HERE to give through Living Water International.
i may set up a birthday thing on Facebook too, but really it would be most effective if it all would go in 1 direction. easiest would be finishing off the well Crystal and i are already working on. let me know if you have any Qs.
also, below are 4 articles I wrote a few years ago about this whole idea.
double advent conspiracy
best Christmas EVER!
- ► 2013 (118)
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 5)
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 4)
- all i want for christmas (& my bday)
- i'm thankful for...
- from one Thanksgiving to the next
- Crystal quotes of the day #5 (break down pregnancy...
- big David Beckham announcement
- "the biggest killer of relationships is busy"
- hide the gravy
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 2)
- be a student not a critic
- a reminder for all of us who are too flipping busy...
- something i like to ask myself before i fall aslee...
- 29 things to know before you hit 30
- more deadly than hate
- the prayer on my wall
- Where Do We Go From Here: Reactions to Election 20...
- A Time for Choosing
- a good reminder
- Be Prepared for Legal Challenges In Close States
- Model T leadership
- Good News, Mr. President: In Fantasy Land, You're ...
- Time for Obama to Panic: Early Voting Favors Romne...
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...