wow, how things change from one Thanksgiving to the next.
i remember last year we had sped out of town a few days before Thanksgiving because my Mom received the call that lungs were on the way to Duke for her double lung transplant.
we raced to the hospital to see my Mom before the transplant, but it ended up being a false alarm. a "dry run" they call it. the lungs were no good.
we hung out in Durham for Thanksgiving and my parents got to spend time with their brand new granddaughter.
but my Mom had to wear a mask and be really careful back then around Keira.
today my Mom was playing with Keira with no such concern. :) because she has new lungs. tomorrow she and both our families will come over for Thanksgiving and my Mom will play with Keira and you would never know she had bad lungs...
wow, how things change in a year.
on my end, i'm working on getting life back to the pace it was at last Thanksgiving = sustainable.
i'm getting there.
next Thanksgiving i'll look back and be thankful i did.
- ► 2013 (118)
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 5)
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 4)
- all i want for christmas (& my bday)
- i'm thankful for...
- from one Thanksgiving to the next
- Crystal quotes of the day #5 (break down pregnancy...
- big David Beckham announcement
- "the biggest killer of relationships is busy"
- hide the gravy
- 29 things to know before you hit 30 (part 2)
- be a student not a critic
- a reminder for all of us who are too flipping busy...
- something i like to ask myself before i fall aslee...
- 29 things to know before you hit 30
- more deadly than hate
- the prayer on my wall
- Where Do We Go From Here: Reactions to Election 20...
- A Time for Choosing
- a good reminder
- Be Prepared for Legal Challenges In Close States
- Model T leadership
- Good News, Mr. President: In Fantasy Land, You're ...
- Time for Obama to Panic: Early Voting Favors Romne...
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...