The Democrat Party and President Obama keep pushing for Clinton Era taxes on the top 2% of tax earners as part of a Fiscal Cliff deal. They keep pretending this will help with our problem, as if our problem was insufficient revenue not surplus spending.
Let's set that aside for a moment. I have a different question: If they want Clinton era taxes, how about Clinton-era spending? Think about it, friends. How about we demand Clinton era spending if Obama wants Clinton era taxes.
For the record, Clinton era spending was forced by Newt Gingrich and the Republican Congress. Welfare reform, cuts to corporate taxes, etc, all was forced upon Clinton by Newt and the Republicans. That's what I've said for years was the real reason for the Clinton-Era boom, not, as has been falsely credited, the tax increases. (That is, and always has been, a Democrat red herring).
What would Clinton-Era spending look like, adjusted for inflation? In 2000, Clinton's final budget, spending was set at $1.8 Trillion. Adjusted for inflation, that would be $2.417 Trillion. In 2012, the incoming revenues were $2.469 Trillion. That would mean a $52 Trillion SURPLUS, and that is without raising taxes!
Of course, doing this means admitting the real problem, and Democrats are not at all willing to do this...it's all about raising taxes because...ummm...reasons? Oh, right. It's because they know this is indefensible. Their focus isn't on real problem solving. It's on expanding liberalism. And that's the truth the Left doesn't want you to hear.
- ► 2013 (118)
- Right to Work Doesn't Infringe on "Workers Rights"...
- book learnings from 2012 (part 3)
- book learnings from 2012 (part 2)
- book learnings from 2012 (part 1)
- takeaways from the books i read this year
- Best of Biblical Conservatism - Reality Check: Lib...
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: It’s Merry Christma...
- Biblical Conservatism Week in Review - 12/17/12
- Newtown Shooting SHOULD NOT Be a Political Footbal...
- colors wrapping around half the sky
- Guest Post: Why Are You Defending the Rich?
- Biblical Conservatism Week in Review (Week of 12/1...
- Barack Obama and the Kindergarten Compromise
- let me go ahead and get this out of the way... aga...
- it took me a while
- Clinton Era Taxes? How About Clinton Era Spending?...
- Biblical Conservatism Week in Review (Week of 12/3...
- What Does the Fiscal Cliff Show Us About the Democ...
- recommendations for my 2013 read list?
- Ridge December 9th sneak peek
- Obama Fiscal Cliff Plan: Ignore the Real Problem
- the last few things to know before you hit 30
- i may be old...
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...