it's that time of year again where i build my reading list for the following year.
yes, i'm a readaholic. (maybe you would say "nerd" & that's ok with me.) i'm a readaholic & i can't break the addiction to learning, growing, improving, etc... i know, i know, i should see someone about that.
but i can only read a certain amount of books each year. which means there are hundreds and even thousands of GREAT books that i simply won't have time to read.
Because of that i choose to be EXTREMELY intentional about the books i do read.
i cannot afford to read a crappy book, an average book, or even a kind of good book! that would be a waste of time when there are so many GREAT books.
so, after Thanksgiving every year i start making my READ LIST for the following year. it is SUCH a FUN process for me. i look forward to it like crazy. i usually spend a half a day browsing a couple bookstores + looking through my own massive library + compiling recommendations.
then i narrow down the huge list based on what i need to read that year. i usually have a fairly balanced read list across many genres.
(& i should only have to take 1 more class, so hopefully my read list won't be completely dominated by required reading from professors like 2012 was.)
& no fiction, please. i only read 1 fiction book per year & i'm all set there. but any other genre.
- ► 2013 (118)
- Right to Work Doesn't Infringe on "Workers Rights"...
- book learnings from 2012 (part 3)
- book learnings from 2012 (part 2)
- book learnings from 2012 (part 1)
- takeaways from the books i read this year
- Best of Biblical Conservatism - Reality Check: Lib...
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: It’s Merry Christma...
- Biblical Conservatism Week in Review - 12/17/12
- Newtown Shooting SHOULD NOT Be a Political Footbal...
- colors wrapping around half the sky
- Guest Post: Why Are You Defending the Rich?
- Biblical Conservatism Week in Review (Week of 12/1...
- Barack Obama and the Kindergarten Compromise
- let me go ahead and get this out of the way... aga...
- it took me a while
- Clinton Era Taxes? How About Clinton Era Spending?...
- Biblical Conservatism Week in Review (Week of 12/3...
- What Does the Fiscal Cliff Show Us About the Democ...
- recommendations for my 2013 read list?
- Ridge December 9th sneak peek
- Obama Fiscal Cliff Plan: Ignore the Real Problem
- the last few things to know before you hit 30
- i may be old...
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...