5 years ago last month (December 2007) we began our journey into a Total Money Makeover.
crazy to think it's been that long. 5 years ago last month was our 1st ever month with a "Dave Ramsey" budget. we started baby step 1 & got on with this crazy awesome journey.
so when we hit Christmas a week ago we realized it was our 5 year anniversary. emotions hit like thankful (that we stumbled onto it & followed it), joy (because of where it set us up to be now), etc...
in honor of that anniversary, this weekend i'll be reposting 2 posts i wrote a couple years ago called "our journey with the plan" which basically documents our story with the Dave Ramsey financial plan. the ups and downs. laughs & tears & even violence :)
if you have no idea what i'm even talking about - maybe check out the next couple posts.
since those posts we've moved onto steps 4, 5, & 6... 15% retirement, College fund funded for Keira, & throwing everything at paying off our home.
slowly but surely coming along.
thankful for Dave starting his whole gig. thankful we were at Catalyst '07 when he presented it. thankful for God's grace to start the plan & stick with it.
thankful for an amazing wife who stuck with me through it even though it has never been easy.
happy 5 year anniversary, babygirl. hopefully it's starting to come good :)
- Liberal Rhetoric in Action: Appeal to Ridicule
- Best of Biblical Conservatism - Dissecting the Lib...
- do you hate your job? what about the people who wo...
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Appeal to Ridicule
- up in the air - to kenya (repost)
- unexpected christmas store
- "our direction is more important than our pace"
- do you hate your job? (part 2)
- Mr. President, "The right of the people to keep an...
- do you hate your job?
- we'll never have all the answers
- Best of Biblical Conservatism Failing Dr. King: Ho...
- it doesn't hurt to ask
- NOT OK (africa)
- Kenya revisited
- Why I'm not as dumb as I should be
- questions aren't a problem
- Current Gun Control Laws Didn't Stop Newtown Shoot...
- i need words
- happy birthday, Dr. King
- Crystal quotes of the day #6 (Pregnancy Edition)
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Fallacy of the Single Cause
- top 10 books i read in 2012
- final book learnings from 2012 (part 5)
- which is it?
- thinking Romans out loud on renown
- and it's all free
- Fiscal Cliff Deal Proves Two Big Points for Right
- nature: our chance to SEE the invisible God
- beauty is a pretty big deal
- If We Treated Other Education Like Abstinence Educ...
- our journey with the plan (part 2)
- our journey with the plan (part 1)
- an anniversary of sorts
- text message that made me think
- The Fiscal Cliff Deal is a Joke
- book learnings from 2012 (part 4)
- my fav new songs at Passion 2013
- best new song of 2013
- a successful life
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2012 (464)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...