i guess i've basically decided to blog through the book of Romans.
no rules - just me thinking out loud (or on paper... er... uh... blog) about what Paul wrote to the church at Rome.
when i'm done i guess i'll have like my own commentary on Romans, haha.
i'm reading through the new translation The Voice. i LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it. it's an extremely dynamic translation and if i had to use only 1 word to describe it, it would be BEAUTIFUL.
it's been like reading Romans for the 1st time.
last year i read through the gospels twice in The Voice. flipping loved it. i saw things in ways i had never even thought about before. i'll probably write about some of that some time as well. (& now The Voice is finally complete in the whole Bible! OT & NT.)
but for now i'm in Romans & i'll move on through the rest of everything Paul wrote after that.
so i'll basically be blogging through the NT. what I’m really doing is thinking out/ working out my own theology here. It’s good for me.
i guess, the danger is that I’m doing it here out in the open. (peeps like to hate on theology they don’t like). It could all come back to bite me… bkuz honestly, my views change from day to day on different stuff. I may write this about Romans today, and then change my mind tomorrow :) not joking. happens all the time.
it’s all so RAW and unprocessed I’m literally thinking it out, working it out AS I WRITE IT. I am doing the processing as I write. Not pre-processed thoughts.
and i enjoy that. i need that.
so be on the lookout for a renown look at Romans. basically that's what i've been doing all week. i already started this on Monday & continued it every day this week. you just didn't know it.
3 posts & those were just my thoughts on 1 verse - Romans 1:20.
but don't worry, i won't sit that long on every verse :)
[starting tomorrow with 1:24]
- Liberal Rhetoric in Action: Appeal to Ridicule
- Best of Biblical Conservatism - Dissecting the Lib...
- do you hate your job? what about the people who wo...
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Appeal to Ridicule
- up in the air - to kenya (repost)
- unexpected christmas store
- "our direction is more important than our pace"
- do you hate your job? (part 2)
- Mr. President, "The right of the people to keep an...
- do you hate your job?
- we'll never have all the answers
- Best of Biblical Conservatism Failing Dr. King: Ho...
- it doesn't hurt to ask
- NOT OK (africa)
- Kenya revisited
- Why I'm not as dumb as I should be
- questions aren't a problem
- Current Gun Control Laws Didn't Stop Newtown Shoot...
- i need words
- happy birthday, Dr. King
- Crystal quotes of the day #6 (Pregnancy Edition)
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Fallacy of the Single Cause
- top 10 books i read in 2012
- final book learnings from 2012 (part 5)
- which is it?
- thinking Romans out loud on renown
- and it's all free
- Fiscal Cliff Deal Proves Two Big Points for Right
- nature: our chance to SEE the invisible God
- beauty is a pretty big deal
- If We Treated Other Education Like Abstinence Educ...
- our journey with the plan (part 2)
- our journey with the plan (part 1)
- an anniversary of sorts
- text message that made me think
- The Fiscal Cliff Deal is a Joke
- book learnings from 2012 (part 4)
- my fav new songs at Passion 2013
- best new song of 2013
- a successful life
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2012 (464)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...