I can't tell you how many times I've entered into a debate with multiple liberals over the years where they start their response to my argument by saying "LOL that's dumb because reason."
This tool of the Left is used pretty well constantly. It stops people from investigating the realities of liberal claims (see Global Warming). It causes people to refuse to consider legitimate alternative theories to Darwinian Evolution. (As I've said countless times, Darwinian Evolution specifically means macroevolution, that is, change from one species to another over time. This is opposed to microevolution, which is genetic adaptation within the same species i.e. over time dogs develop strong senses of smell and hearing which helps them survive; however these dogs stay dogs.) It causes people to call themselves "moderates" when, in their heart of hearts, they are indeed conservatives but they won't use the appropriate label in order to avoid ridicule.
It's purely a psychological form of debate. The goal is to make one's opponent feel stupid for believing what they believe, thus they back down. This tactic, when used in a public forum, also leads to piling on. If you've ever had a debate on Facebook, this has probably happened to you. Usually one liberal starts in with the ridiculing of the person who disagrees. Then another comes in to join in, making the opposition feel stupid for believing what they believe.
The goal specifically to make you stop debating. What's important to know is that if these liberals had a good argument, they'd probably use that instead. Chances are they don't have a point. They don't have an argument. Facts are the enemy, so these liberals have to circumvent the issue.
Don't surrender to an enemy with wooden guns, my friends. Just be prepared to demand the liberals make an actual argument and back it up with facts. Period.
- Liberal Rhetoric in Action: Appeal to Ridicule
- Best of Biblical Conservatism - Dissecting the Lib...
- do you hate your job? what about the people who wo...
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Appeal to Ridicule
- up in the air - to kenya (repost)
- unexpected christmas store
- "our direction is more important than our pace"
- do you hate your job? (part 2)
- Mr. President, "The right of the people to keep an...
- do you hate your job?
- we'll never have all the answers
- Best of Biblical Conservatism Failing Dr. King: Ho...
- it doesn't hurt to ask
- NOT OK (africa)
- Kenya revisited
- Why I'm not as dumb as I should be
- questions aren't a problem
- Current Gun Control Laws Didn't Stop Newtown Shoot...
- i need words
- happy birthday, Dr. King
- Crystal quotes of the day #6 (Pregnancy Edition)
- Liberal Rhetoric 101: Fallacy of the Single Cause
- top 10 books i read in 2012
- final book learnings from 2012 (part 5)
- which is it?
- thinking Romans out loud on renown
- and it's all free
- Fiscal Cliff Deal Proves Two Big Points for Right
- nature: our chance to SEE the invisible God
- beauty is a pretty big deal
- If We Treated Other Education Like Abstinence Educ...
- our journey with the plan (part 2)
- our journey with the plan (part 1)
- an anniversary of sorts
- text message that made me think
- The Fiscal Cliff Deal is a Joke
- book learnings from 2012 (part 4)
- my fav new songs at Passion 2013
- best new song of 2013
- a successful life
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2012 (464)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...