After the Obamacare Decision, President Obama's polling numbers against Mitt Romney have bumped a couple of points. That's really it, a couple points. We've seen these quick bumps for Obama before. We've also seen these quick bumps fall off the end of the Earth again.
We saw it when Barack Obama gave the order to kill Osama Bin Laden. He bumped up above 50% and stayed there...for about a week. Then he fell back down below 50% and to the doldrums. He's crept above Romney for now. He's even seen a couple of polls where his projected win is outside the margin for error (unfortunately for the President, except for a highly questionable and anomalous Bloomberg poll, they were all with Registered Voters not Likely Voters.) But really, that's all the bump the President has seen is a couple of points.
Obamacare remains unpopular. As has been the case for most of the law's life, about 10% more disapprove of the law than approve of it. Obama himself remains unpopular. Using the three Likely Voter Polls in the current Real Clear Politics Average, Obama has 46% approval and 51% disapproval. Even when we add in the two polls of Registered Voters, Obama only creeps up to 47% approval with 49% disapproval. Only when RCP adds in five polls of "adults" does Obama get over 50% approval...and as I've said before, if you're going to poll adults you might as well also poll Martians and kodiak bears, because they have absolutely as much say in elections as people who aren't registered to vote.
So what does Obama have to look forward to in a "bump?" Unless Obama convinces Hillary Clinton to be his running mate and dumps Joe Biden, he doesn't have THAT to boost him. (Meanwhile, unless Romney manages to completely and utterly screw it up, Romney can gain 5-10 points in the polls by his Vice Presidential pick.) The so-called "Convention Bump" might help Obama, but that bump rarely stays, an d since it comes after the Republican Convention, it can only really regain losses from the Republican Convention.
Friends, the President is still in trouble. Only Mitt Romney imploding (by being too moderate or too wimpy) can get Obama re-elected. Otherwise, the recent Supreme Court decision on Obamacare will become academic, as the Republican Party is about to win the 2012 election. Game on.
- ► 2013 (118)
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Explaining the Cons...
- a way of traveling
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Comparing Obama's D...
- is this still necessary?
- Obama's Numbers Drop...Quick, Cook a Poll!
- After CO Massacre, We Do Not Need More Gun Control...
- doesn't the fact that i want to please you... plea...
- Shock of Shocks! Obama Campaign Deficit Spending!
- Understanding Infrastructure in Government Of, By,...
- Obama Claims He Didn't Say "You Didn't Build That"...
- what a stay-at-home Mom is worth
- Obama Back Pedals as Romney Advances
- Dissecting the Liberal Talking Points: The Wealthy...
- it shouldn't be this way
- Dissecting Obama's Rhetoric: If You Succeed, It's ...
- Obama Camp Slanders Romney, Refuses to Apologize
- how i want to live after i make a mistake
- Dissecting Obama's Talking Points: Taxes (Part 2)
- Dissecting Obama's Talking Points: Taxes (Pt 1)
- you can do this
- WaPo Poll - Obama Losing Independents, Tied With R...
- the most humble man on the face of the earth (part...
- Shock of Shocks - Obama Wants to Raise Taxes
- "... than anyone else on the face of the earth."
- Tax or Fine? Doesn't matter. Obamacare is Bad for ...
- "But I was afraid to be Roger's friend..."
- teams that work (repost)
- Rumor Mill: Romney Could Pick a Female VP?
- Obama's Slight Bump Means Nothing in November
- Obamacare Still Can Be Overturned...At the Ballot ...
- what i learn from reading (almost) all the way to ...
- Obamacare's "Taxes" Are Really Fines
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...