i guess most people do this but i never really have.
i see a lot of people just scroll down their Facebook home page/ status feed screen or whatever you call it. i see people read all the way down to the bottom of it to see what EVERYONE is up to.
i guess i've just never taken the time to do that. i may notice the 1st 1 or 2 in my feed but not usually beyond that. maybe i'm just too ADD to make it beyond that.
just now i randomly decided to scroll all the way through my feed. it's pretty fascinating.
- lots of funny stuff of course
- someone posted their 1st ultrasound of their teeny tiny baby in the womb!
- someone else is 20 weeks pregnant with a belly pic... halfway there
- and another person posted a pic of their beautiful newborn
- someone is enjoying snuggling with a brand new adopted baby after a long journey to have/adopt a child
- someone else is just beginning that long journey of the adoption process
- someone is mourning the loss of a husband after 13 weeks without him and without a father for her children
- while someone else is celebrating a wedding anniversary today with her husband
- someone training for a marathon
- somebody talking about Anderson Cooper being gay
- someone celebrating 4.5 years of the "hardest" but "best" decision of their life = to quit smoking
- somebody losing weight
and a whole lot of other stuff.
and no, i actually never made it to the bottom of the feed. that's just way too long. sorry.
but it was a crazy experience to read as far as i did. just look at those few things going on in peoples' lives.
i couldn't help but think that these Facebook status feeds are basically a microcosm of what's going on all around the world right now.
life ending. life beginning.
and everything in between.
i'm sure there are some deeper thoughts not quite falling out of my brain just yet.
for now, i'm fascinated by a Facebook status feed being a sampling or microcosm of the emotions and experiences of almost 7 billion peeps on the planet...
never thought of it this way before.
but i might just start.
- ► 2013 (118)
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Explaining the Cons...
- a way of traveling
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Comparing Obama's D...
- is this still necessary?
- Obama's Numbers Drop...Quick, Cook a Poll!
- After CO Massacre, We Do Not Need More Gun Control...
- doesn't the fact that i want to please you... plea...
- Shock of Shocks! Obama Campaign Deficit Spending!
- Understanding Infrastructure in Government Of, By,...
- Obama Claims He Didn't Say "You Didn't Build That"...
- what a stay-at-home Mom is worth
- Obama Back Pedals as Romney Advances
- Dissecting the Liberal Talking Points: The Wealthy...
- it shouldn't be this way
- Dissecting Obama's Rhetoric: If You Succeed, It's ...
- Obama Camp Slanders Romney, Refuses to Apologize
- how i want to live after i make a mistake
- Dissecting Obama's Talking Points: Taxes (Part 2)
- Dissecting Obama's Talking Points: Taxes (Pt 1)
- you can do this
- WaPo Poll - Obama Losing Independents, Tied With R...
- the most humble man on the face of the earth (part...
- Shock of Shocks - Obama Wants to Raise Taxes
- "... than anyone else on the face of the earth."
- Tax or Fine? Doesn't matter. Obamacare is Bad for ...
- "But I was afraid to be Roger's friend..."
- teams that work (repost)
- Rumor Mill: Romney Could Pick a Female VP?
- Obama's Slight Bump Means Nothing in November
- Obamacare Still Can Be Overturned...At the Ballot ...
- what i learn from reading (almost) all the way to ...
- Obamacare's "Taxes" Are Really Fines
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...