The Romney campaign has spent the last week arguing over whether Obamacare is a fine or a tax. I know I've been doing the same thing...but that is because I disagree with the Supreme Court's decision and I still believe Obamacare is Unconstitutional. Either way, the Obamacare Law needs to go. Obamacare is still bad for America.
I know I can hear you now..."All the other first world nations provide healthcare for their people!" Well, first of all, my friend, I think you should know what Obamacare is...because it doesn't expand coverage except for demanding you buy it. Might as well expand home ownership by demanding everyone buys a house. Secondly, please show me the nation that can AFFORD their massive socialized medicine? You can't. They're all going bankrupt.
Let's compare national debts, shall we? As a baseline, the United States has a national debt that is 62% of our nation's Gross Domestic Product. Great Britian (who has socialized medicine) has a national debt that is 76% of GDP. Canada (who has socialized medicine) has a national debt of 84% of GDP. But wait, those countries have single-payer health care, right? Not the same as an insurance mandate.
Well, let's look at nations with Insurance Mandates, like Obamacare. How about Germany? Germany has a national debt of 83% of their GDP. Belgium has a national debt of 101% of their GDP. Greece has an Insurance Mandate, and their national debt is 143% of their GDP.
Let's talk about the cost of Obamacare. Real cost analysis of ten years of full implimentation is $1.76 Trillion. That's $176 Billion per year. Friends, that is massive. That translates into the second largest discretionary budget line in the Federal Budget, second only to defense. We were told originally the cost was only $940 billion...and then we were told the tax increases would cover it. We were also told this spending would be off set by the tax increases. Actually, not really. The taxes raised are not going to cover the costs, especially because, as always, static budgeting is used.
Bottom line remains: We cannot afford Obamacare. Doesn't matter if you call it a tax or a fee or a fine or a green lolipop. The money doesn't exist. Obamacare is bad for America. Just like the rest of this administration's excess spending.
- ► 2013 (118)
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Explaining the Cons...
- a way of traveling
- Best of Biblical Conservatism: Comparing Obama's D...
- is this still necessary?
- Obama's Numbers Drop...Quick, Cook a Poll!
- After CO Massacre, We Do Not Need More Gun Control...
- doesn't the fact that i want to please you... plea...
- Shock of Shocks! Obama Campaign Deficit Spending!
- Understanding Infrastructure in Government Of, By,...
- Obama Claims He Didn't Say "You Didn't Build That"...
- what a stay-at-home Mom is worth
- Obama Back Pedals as Romney Advances
- Dissecting the Liberal Talking Points: The Wealthy...
- it shouldn't be this way
- Dissecting Obama's Rhetoric: If You Succeed, It's ...
- Obama Camp Slanders Romney, Refuses to Apologize
- how i want to live after i make a mistake
- Dissecting Obama's Talking Points: Taxes (Part 2)
- Dissecting Obama's Talking Points: Taxes (Pt 1)
- you can do this
- WaPo Poll - Obama Losing Independents, Tied With R...
- the most humble man on the face of the earth (part...
- Shock of Shocks - Obama Wants to Raise Taxes
- "... than anyone else on the face of the earth."
- Tax or Fine? Doesn't matter. Obamacare is Bad for ...
- "But I was afraid to be Roger's friend..."
- teams that work (repost)
- Rumor Mill: Romney Could Pick a Female VP?
- Obama's Slight Bump Means Nothing in November
- Obamacare Still Can Be Overturned...At the Ballot ...
- what i learn from reading (almost) all the way to ...
- Obamacare's "Taxes" Are Really Fines
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...