"Flexible" with Arms Negotiations, Mr. President?

It's all over the news...even the Drive-By Media is committing random acts of journalism and reporting it (albeit trying to smooth over the flub for the President)....the President said to the President of Russia that he would be able to be "more flexible after his election." To see the entire exchange click here.

Here it is in writing, by the way:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…


President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.


President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

Translation: After I don't have to face angry voters, I'll have the ability to sell out my nation's defense systems and weaken my country.

Before I continue, I'd like to state for the record that I don't trust Vladmir Putin as far as I can throw him. I know history too well, including Mr. Putin's personal history as KGB Chief in the Soviet Union. He's similarly pragmatic when it comes to the west as Mikhail Gorbachov...but hardly the peacemaker he (or Gorby for that matter) is presented to be in the Drive-By Media.

It's been a Left Wing fantasy for decades to put on their Happy Imagination Hats and pretend that the best way to deal with a nuclear threat is to get rid of nukes, because if we're just nice enough then evil people in the world will also give up their power to destroy others. The reality is the only way to deal with a bully is to be the good guy who is strong enough to beat the snot out of the bully so the bully doesn't try anything. It's called Peace Through Strength.

But aside from that, I think it is both a travesty and absolutely ridiculous for a President to essentially announce to a negotiating partner that he'll wimp out after the election. Might as well stand up at a poker game after going all in and announce "hey everybody, I'm bluffing!"

This is yet another reason we must elect a new President in November, friends. We need a President who doesn't put his rigid ideology in front of the safety of our nation...and if he actually believes this baloney he's spewing that's even worse, friends...sometimes I'd rather a liar than an honest fool. We need a President who isn't going ignore our security to protect his rigid ideology.