Ok...it's not exactly news. Newt announced he'd be dropping out over a week ago. He just had to have time to get his ducks in a row to do it (translation...thank volunteers, dispatch employees, etc). However, it means, unless you're so delusional that you believe Ron Paul has a snowball's chance in July (which he never had) that Romney is officially our nominee.
Yet there is going to be a backlash from conservatives who, like me, genuinely wanted one of the more conservative candidates in the race to win instead. These individuals have a choice. They can join me in the realistic camp and recognize that whatever Romney's imperfections are, he's still better than Obama...OR...they can clamor for a third party candidate, split the vote and pretty much guarantee Obama a second term. (Does ANYONE other than me remember the Election of 1992? 19 states including California, Georgia, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Tennessee would have likely swung to Bush and won him re-election if it wasn't for Ross Perot.)
Additionally, what this misses out on is the opportunity to push Romney to the right. He needs to court conservatives, friends. He needs us...and irregardless of what he is presenting now, he knows it. Instead of replacing Romney, let's get Mitt to campaign and govern according to his personal principles (rather than how he ended up having to govern in Massachusetts).
Newt would've been a great conservative candidate. Unfortunately, we can't have our wat in that. So our choice is to either a) back Romney, push him to the right and beat Obama or b) find a 3rd party candidate, enjoy our principled loss, and deal with four more years of Obama. I think the choice is clear. I hope you do too.
- ► 2013 (118)
- think about it
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 2)
- thankfulness is a rebellion
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 1)
- just curious... what were you thinking?
- Plenty of Liberals Support SE Cupp Against Hustler...
- An Open Letter to Pastor Charles L. Worley
- awesome article about my Mom in today's Charlotte ...
- 4.5 years of renown
- You CAN Judge a Book by it's Cover...(Sometimes)
- "yes He does" (repost)
- Dear Mitt: Don't Try to Be Civil with an Uncivil O...
- why real books are so hard to read
- Media Bias Watch: Turns Out George Zimmerman's Sto...
- reflections after a semester back in school
- Obama Edits Himself Into History to Gain Support
- your words are more powerful than you think
- Obama is losing Independents, Women
- crystal quotes of the day #4 (another pregnancy ed...
- Obama's Being Lauded for Doing Nothing on Gay Marr...
- Obama loses ground with Likely Voters over Registe...
- my Mom's lung transplant story on Fox Charlotte
- Gender is Immaterial in the Abortion Debate
- why we should study culture - part 2 (repost)
- Obama is losing, so the Drive-By Media Cooks Some ...
- why we should study culture (repost)
- Can we stop talking about dogs in the 2012 Campaig...
- Give YOUR MOM a Happy Mother's Day by helping MY M...
- Obama Kicks off Re-Election Campaign 3 yrs into Re...
- Conservatives Need Not be Pessimistic in 2012
- someone is happy with less than you have
- Occupy Bombers is Yet Another Example of Liberal M...
- Newt's Out...Now What?
- Obama: Don’t “spike the football”…unless you need ...
- hunger for what (fasting repost)
- Obama's Losing the Youth
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...