The writing is beginning to show up on the wall...even in liberal polls. In a New York Times/CBS Poll released this week, Mitt Romney is now beating the President by a rate of 46% to 43% overall with all registered voters (remember, once you eliminate the 30% or so of registered voters who don't show up to vote, Republicans usually gain 2-3%).
More troubling for President Obama is this: Romney is defeating Obama 43% to 36% with Independent voters....a 7% margin of victory, comfortably outside the margin of error. Furthermore, Governor Romney is beating President Obama with women 46% to 44% (within the margin of error, but still statistically tied). The President's lead also shrunk to a statistical tie with Adults 18-45 years old; he now leads Governor Romney 46% to 44%. (This all happens while Mitt Romney isn't yet officially the Republican nominee.)
Compare that to the same poll in April (conducted with the same people, as explained by the poll) where the President was statistically tied with Governor Romney on Independents (Romney lead Obama 42% to 41%) and was winning comfortably with women (Obama lead Romney 49% to 42%). With adults 18-45, a key demographic for the President as he needs to win the votes of people too young to have figured out the failures of liberalism yet (in April the President lead Governor Romney by a comfortable enough margin, 50% to 42%.)
This is bad news for President Obama, friends, very bad news. If the President loses Independents by a 9% margin, his loss overall will be significant. If the President can't carry women, his loss overall will be significant. If the President can't win adults under 45 years old and do so significantly (by at least 5-10%), he doesn't have a snowball's chance in July of a second term.
When the New York Times is admitting Obama's weakness, that should tell you something. That's precisely what the Times is doing. So let's focus on pushing Governor Romney to the right, friends, because in 2013 it looks like President Romney will be inaugurated. Not a moment too soon, my friends.
- ► 2013 (118)
- think about it
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 2)
- thankfulness is a rebellion
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 1)
- just curious... what were you thinking?
- Plenty of Liberals Support SE Cupp Against Hustler...
- An Open Letter to Pastor Charles L. Worley
- awesome article about my Mom in today's Charlotte ...
- 4.5 years of renown
- You CAN Judge a Book by it's Cover...(Sometimes)
- "yes He does" (repost)
- Dear Mitt: Don't Try to Be Civil with an Uncivil O...
- why real books are so hard to read
- Media Bias Watch: Turns Out George Zimmerman's Sto...
- reflections after a semester back in school
- Obama Edits Himself Into History to Gain Support
- your words are more powerful than you think
- Obama is losing Independents, Women
- crystal quotes of the day #4 (another pregnancy ed...
- Obama's Being Lauded for Doing Nothing on Gay Marr...
- Obama loses ground with Likely Voters over Registe...
- my Mom's lung transplant story on Fox Charlotte
- Gender is Immaterial in the Abortion Debate
- why we should study culture - part 2 (repost)
- Obama is losing, so the Drive-By Media Cooks Some ...
- why we should study culture (repost)
- Can we stop talking about dogs in the 2012 Campaig...
- Give YOUR MOM a Happy Mother's Day by helping MY M...
- Obama Kicks off Re-Election Campaign 3 yrs into Re...
- Conservatives Need Not be Pessimistic in 2012
- someone is happy with less than you have
- Occupy Bombers is Yet Another Example of Liberal M...
- Newt's Out...Now What?
- Obama: Don’t “spike the football”…unless you need ...
- hunger for what (fasting repost)
- Obama's Losing the Youth
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...