Something that you won't see in polls that use "adults" or "registered voters," mind you, but Obama's losing the youth vote. Don't get me wrong, friends...the youth still support Obama. There's just one key issue...a huge chunk of them AREN'T PLANNING ON SHOWING UP TO VOTE!
44%, to be specific, of registered voters 18-29 years old, do not necessarily plan to vote, according to a Gallup Poll from last week. The same youth who flocked to vote for Obama have apparently lost interest. It turns out actually political concepts and policy ideas are not as attractive to young adults as "Yes We Can" and "Change." It also turns out that you can't wax intellectual about "change" when you've had three years and things haven't changed...at least not for the better.
Make no mistake about it, friends, Obama NEEDS the youth vote. Mitt Romney, in kind, needs the senior citizen vote. Good news on that front: 86% of that group (registered voters 65+) intend to vote...and plan to vote for Romney by a 12% margin over Obama. The type of people who are likely to vote for Romney are reliable. Obama's base...not so much.
This of course demonstrates why polls of adults and registered voters are less reliable: Not everyone will show up to vote. The more one leans toward a Republican candidate, the more they are likely to show up. If you look at the polls where Obama does the best, it's a poll of adults, or registered voters. He loses more and more support the more likely the voter gets.
It's early, friends, and Romney has barely started his campaign against Obama. But Obama is already looking very weak in this election. Losing the youth vote just proves it further.
- ► 2013 (118)
- think about it
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 2)
- thankfulness is a rebellion
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 1)
- just curious... what were you thinking?
- Plenty of Liberals Support SE Cupp Against Hustler...
- An Open Letter to Pastor Charles L. Worley
- awesome article about my Mom in today's Charlotte ...
- 4.5 years of renown
- You CAN Judge a Book by it's Cover...(Sometimes)
- "yes He does" (repost)
- Dear Mitt: Don't Try to Be Civil with an Uncivil O...
- why real books are so hard to read
- Media Bias Watch: Turns Out George Zimmerman's Sto...
- reflections after a semester back in school
- Obama Edits Himself Into History to Gain Support
- your words are more powerful than you think
- Obama is losing Independents, Women
- crystal quotes of the day #4 (another pregnancy ed...
- Obama's Being Lauded for Doing Nothing on Gay Marr...
- Obama loses ground with Likely Voters over Registe...
- my Mom's lung transplant story on Fox Charlotte
- Gender is Immaterial in the Abortion Debate
- why we should study culture - part 2 (repost)
- Obama is losing, so the Drive-By Media Cooks Some ...
- why we should study culture (repost)
- Can we stop talking about dogs in the 2012 Campaig...
- Give YOUR MOM a Happy Mother's Day by helping MY M...
- Obama Kicks off Re-Election Campaign 3 yrs into Re...
- Conservatives Need Not be Pessimistic in 2012
- someone is happy with less than you have
- Occupy Bombers is Yet Another Example of Liberal M...
- Newt's Out...Now What?
- Obama: Don’t “spike the football”…unless you need ...
- hunger for what (fasting repost)
- Obama's Losing the Youth
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...