Last week, five members of the Occupy Cleveland movement unsuccessfully planted a bomb in Brecksville, OH (a suburb of Cleveland). The Drive-By Media is glossing over the legitimate involvement of Occupiers in this plot. Remember, this is the same Media that gleefully assumed the Tea Party's involvement in the 2011 Tuscon Shooting and the 2010 New York City Car Bombing.
Before I continue I want to make one thing abundantly clear. I recognize that these five individuals were not acting on the authority of the Occupy Movement and that they were simply members who took the cause too far. I get that. I am not equating this action with the Occupy Movement.
HOWEVER, this is yet another nail in the comparison coffin that is being glossed over by the Drive-By Media, not to mention another great example of liberal Drive-By Media bias.
Remember when the Tucson Shooting occured in 2011? The immediate reaction from the Drive-Bys was to blame Sarah Palin for using a target on Giffords' district saying that we were targeting Giffords for an electoral defeat at the hands of a Tea Party candidate. Remember that? Then, they immediately presumed (or hoped) Jared Loughner was a Tea Party conservative. Turned out he wasn't. Actually, depending on who you ask, Loughner is either apolitical or a radical leftist.
Or how about in November of 2011? A group of Chechen (that's from the nation commonly called Chechnya, for those of you from Palm Beach County, FL...a former Soviet Bloc nation) carried out a bombing plot to attempt to assasinate Russian President Vladmir Putin. The Media called it the "Chechen Tea Party Bombing." Intriguing since the Tea party is a uniquely American movement. The Drive-By Media willingly and gleefully propegated this lie.
The third example as alluded to above is the 2010 New York City Car Bombing. Once again, the immediate assumption perpetuated in the Drive-By Media was "Tea Party involved!" It turned out the Tea Party wasn't involved. It turns out the perpetrator was a Pakistani terrorist. Whoops! Fingers crossed hopes that the Tea Party could be blamed for this again are foiled!
So this week we have legitimate Occupy Cleveland members engaging in domestic terrorism. Is this being blamed on the Occupy Movement? No. Nor should it have been. Five members of a group exceeding the prescribed boundaries of their group is not indicative of the group itself. That is not my point.
My point is rather that the Drive-By Media has, in the last two years, done their darndest to blame anything they can possibly shoe horn into the narrative on the Tea Party, both without evidence and without apology when they are disproven. Then when confirmed Occupiers attempt to blow up a bridge, clearly it's not the Occupy Movement's fault.
Liberal Media Bias is on parade again, my friends. Show up early for good seats.
- ► 2013 (118)
- think about it
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 2)
- thankfulness is a rebellion
- Romney Running Mate Talk (Part 1)
- just curious... what were you thinking?
- Plenty of Liberals Support SE Cupp Against Hustler...
- An Open Letter to Pastor Charles L. Worley
- awesome article about my Mom in today's Charlotte ...
- 4.5 years of renown
- You CAN Judge a Book by it's Cover...(Sometimes)
- "yes He does" (repost)
- Dear Mitt: Don't Try to Be Civil with an Uncivil O...
- why real books are so hard to read
- Media Bias Watch: Turns Out George Zimmerman's Sto...
- reflections after a semester back in school
- Obama Edits Himself Into History to Gain Support
- your words are more powerful than you think
- Obama is losing Independents, Women
- crystal quotes of the day #4 (another pregnancy ed...
- Obama's Being Lauded for Doing Nothing on Gay Marr...
- Obama loses ground with Likely Voters over Registe...
- my Mom's lung transplant story on Fox Charlotte
- Gender is Immaterial in the Abortion Debate
- why we should study culture - part 2 (repost)
- Obama is losing, so the Drive-By Media Cooks Some ...
- why we should study culture (repost)
- Can we stop talking about dogs in the 2012 Campaig...
- Give YOUR MOM a Happy Mother's Day by helping MY M...
- Obama Kicks off Re-Election Campaign 3 yrs into Re...
- Conservatives Need Not be Pessimistic in 2012
- someone is happy with less than you have
- Occupy Bombers is Yet Another Example of Liberal M...
- Newt's Out...Now What?
- Obama: Don’t “spike the football”…unless you need ...
- hunger for what (fasting repost)
- Obama's Losing the Youth
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2011 (316)
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on September 1, 2009. Last night we kicked off 30 days of fasting at Ridge Church. Begging God...
(This was originally written & posted to renown on June 1, 2010.) I was driving home from my soccer game last night and near my neighbo...
(i originally wrote and posted this to renown on June 30, 2010.) These 2 people live in Bulgeta, Ethiopia. i don't know their names. T...
Today was going to be the day I announced a hiatus from blogging to give more time to preparing for my upcoming wedding...then my good frien...
that's a pretty creative & original title for this post, don't you think? it's crazy, but 1,000 times i have written some th...